On August 28, 2003, we purchased the Old Arnold House. Two months later, we were married. It was a busy time and we somehow convinced ourselves that a circa 1870 two-story, farmhouse that had deferred maintenance for 30 years was a sound investment. We knew we wanted an old house with character for a long time, and the price was right.
As we began to cross projects off the massive to-do list and the overall condition improved, we became less embarrassed about being the owners of the Old Arnold House. In fact, we're even proud. So proud, we've started to blog about our improvement projects. We even introduce ourselves as the owners of the Old Arnold House (OAH).
We'll have a lot of posts to do to catch up to present day, and we're still working on more projects.
Addison, August 2003
August 2008, after a large addition and paint job